Beacon Environmental Limited is currently seeking a Junior Environmental Engineer to join our hydrogeological team at our Peterborough location. The successful candidate will have an appreciation for high-quality, client-focused work, and will support existing projects with a focus on environmental hydrogeology and hydrology. Junior staff take a technical role in their area of expertise while working on multidisciplinary teams. They support seniors and intermediates in the preparation of reports, conduct research and field work, perform data analysis, and summarize findings for senior review and approval. There may also be opportunities to provide support to other ecological restoration and environmental monitoring initiatives in various Beacon offices.
- Provide field data collection, planning, and implementation tasks in support to varioushydrogeological and hydrological projects;
- Work with – and build professional relationships with – geoscientists, environmental experts, sub-contractors, authorities and other engineers to contribute to larger multi-disciplinary projects;
- Work independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects, with the ability to staywithin budget and meet deadlines;
- Effectively combine and incorporate hydrogeological and hydrological data with survey data,engineering plans and significant areas into larger working concepts; and,
- Effectively communicate technical information to clients and colleagues.
- Registered/licensed in good standing with Professional Engineers Ontario (P.Eng.), with adegree in Environmental Engineering;
- Understanding of the regulatory environment (provincial Acts and Regulations, Municipal by-laws,Conservation Authority guidelines, etc.);
- Familiar with field data collection, instrumentation, monitoring and sampling techniques;
- Strong ability to problem-solve in the field to accomplish tasks;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, CADD, and GIS software;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines; and
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence, willing to travel locally and throughout southern Ontario.
Additional skills that would be an asset, but are not required, include:
- Working knowledge of hydrological and/or hydraulic modelling (HEC-RAS).
- Experience using RTK GPS technology and Total Station survey equipment.
- Certifications: Pleasure Craft Operator.
Beacon offers a competitive compensation package including ownership opportunities, a performance bonus system, health benefits, and RRSP matching. Our inclusive corporate culture is carefully designed to make us an exceptionally competitive firm, and a fulfilling place to pursue a career in the dynamic industry of environmental consulting.
|Position Type:||Permanent, full-time|
|Salary:||To be negotiated based on skills and experience|
|Contact:||Via email or fax only at email@example.com or fax (905) 201-0639.|
|Deadline:||Beacon will contact only those candidates that have been selected for an interview.|