Beacon’s team provides environmental planning, assessment, design and construction supervision services for a wide-range of projects for municipalities, conservation authorities, federal and provincial government agencies.
Beacon both leads and participates in projects including: the development or redevelopment of communities, transportation infrastructure and transmission lines, water and wastewater servicing, and recreational areas (such as parks and open spaces).
In addition to providing the environmental planning and technical services to support the initial assessments, Beacon also provides designs for natural environment elements and can oversee their implementation.
Environmental planning and assessment services
- Review and development of natural heritage and urban forest policies
- Identification of and refinements to natural heritage systems
- Leading and supporting environmental assessments
- Assessment of geomorphological, hydrogeological, aquatic and terrestrial resources at various scales (from watershed to site-specific)
- Assessment of urban forest assets at various scales
- Development of natural environment solutions that contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Provision of environmental impact assessment, mitigation recommendations and management plans
- Leading and supporting engagement with Indigenous peoples
- Leading and supporting consultations with agencies, stakeholders and the public
Environmental design, construction and monitoring services
- Guiding clients through the environmental approvals process
- Assessments of environmental existing conditions (including terrestrial and aquatic ecology, geomorphology, hydrogeology, arboriculture and limnology)
- Provision of concepts and detailed designs
- Recommendations for and implementation of habitat protection, creation and compensation
- Developing concepts and detailed designs for the creation and restoration of wetlands, watercourses using natural channel design principles, meadows and woodlands
- Facilitating consultations with agencies and the environmental permitting process
- Developing and implementing environmental monitoring programs
- Providing tendering, contract administration and warranty inspection