Beacon leads and provides support for environmental assessments projects at the municipal, provincial and federal levels. Beacon directs or works as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing a range of services including coordination, consultations and engagement (including Indigenous Peoples engagement), natural heritage planning, aquatic and terrestrial ecology, arboriculture, fluvial geomorphology and hydrogeology.
Beacon is qualified under the Ministry of Transportation Registry, Appraisal and Qualification System (RAQs) for class environmental assessments and related environmental specialties.
Beacon provides characterization of existing conditions, integration of information from various disciplines, liaison between clients and various agencies, input to development and selection of preferred option, assessment of impacts and recommendations for mitigation and management.
Environmental assessments completed by Beacon have been related to the development of or improvements to transportation infrastructure, energy facilities and transmission lines, water and wastewater servicing, and recreational areas such as parks and open spaces.
- Municipal class environmental assessment
- Provincial environmental assessment (class and individual)
- Federal Canadian Environmental Assessment Act comprehensive studies
- Federal Canadian Environmental Assessment Act screenings
- Joint environmental assessment and Planning Act applications
Qualified on the Ministry of Transportation RAQs for:
- Class environmental assessment process;
- Natural sciences;
- Fisheries assessment;
- Landscape architecture;
- Socio-economics / agriculture;
- Environmental inspections during construction; and
- Construction monitoring and fisheries compliance during construction.